In tin foil stewed fried Tub Gurnard with mashed peas and a fresh cabbage salad.
(source: Ida Visservice)
Ingrediënten for 2 persons:
• 2-4 (about 400-500 gram total) skinned Tub Gurnards (no fillets)
• 2-4 carrots, depending on size
• 1-2 onions, depending on size
• 150 gram chopped white cabbage
• sun dried tomatoes
• 2 slices of goat cheese (De Molkerei)
• 2 tomatoes
• 1 lemon
• 1 orange
• pineapple, peach, strawberries, sour apple, raisins (all in total about 75 gram)
• 2 cloves of garlic
• olive oil
• salt and pepper
• canned peas (about 400 gram)
• 50 gram bacon
• tin foil
- Chop the cabbage further, if necessary, and cut the tomatoes, pineapple, peach, strawberries, peeled apple and the goat cheese into (small) pieces. Mix everything together, including the raisins and add a dash of cream. Add a little bit of olive oil and put this away at a cool place (squeeze a little bit of lemon and/or orange to taste).
- Fry the fish briefly in a pan until almost done in hot olive oil (briefly fry to colour) and let them cool.
- Chop the dried tomatoes, the garlic and the chive very fine and stir this with a dash of olive oil. Squeeze some lemon and orange en stir this through it, with salt and pepper to taste. Peel the onion and wash the carrots. Cut the carrots into slices and the onions in rings. Cut the rest of de lemon and orange in slices.
- Brush the fish with the stirred mix. Brush 2 pieces of tin foil with olive oil and place the fish in it. Divide the carrot and onion together with the slices of lemon and orange over the fish. Fold the foil together and cook the fish in the foil in a moderately hot oven (10 minutes on 120 degrees) (This can also be done in a hot frying pan).
- Cut the bacon very fine. Mash the peas and mix it with the bacon.
- When the fish is done , heat the mashed peas mix shortly.
- Divide the fish in the foil over two shallow dishes and unfold the foil.
- Divide the mashed peas next to it and serve it with the cabbage salad.
Enjoy your meal!
Wine tip: Rosé