Pumpkin cream with goat cheese cream and sage
Ingredients for 6 persons or 20 party glasses
For the pumpkin cream:
• butternut squash
• 1 can tomato paste (à 70 gr.)
• dash of white wine
• 750 ml. vegetable stock
• few sprigs of sage
For the goat cheese cream:
• 1 bowl of fresh cream cheese (à 200 gr.)
• 150 ml. soft goat cheese (Naturel – De Molkerei)
• 75 gr. butter
• olive oil
• 20 leaves of sage
- Peal the pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut the pulp into cubes. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and the pumpkin cubes over high heat. Add the tomato paste and fry it stirring until it starts to smell sweet. Deglaze with the wine, evaporate the moisture slightly and add the stock. Add the sprigs of sage and turn down the heat when the stock boils. Let simmer for 35-40 minutes with the lid half on the pan.
- Meanwhile mix the ingredients for the cream in a food processor to a smooth sauce. Put the mixture into a piping bag and place it in the refrigerator.
- Puree the pumpkin smooth with a blender, longer than seems necessary, so that the cream is silky smooth. Let the pumpkin cream be all cold.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Carefully pour off the clear portion (the fat) and throw away the whey, the white part (this is called clarifying). Heat the clear portion of the butter again and fry the leaves of sage for a few seconds. Drain them on kitchen paper. Save the clarified sage butter for later use – good for frying meat.
- Pour the pumpkin cream into the party glasses, carefully spray some cream cheese on it (or use two table spoons). Smooth the cream with a knife and top with a leave of sage. Serve with teaspoons.
Source: Jamie Magazine / Yvette van Boven