Variances of Salmon and Cauliflower
Ingredients for 2 persons:
• 300 grams fresh salmon fillet
• 50 grams cold smoked salmon (slice)
• 2 table spoons processed cheese
• 1 slice goat cheese with garlic (De Molkerei)
• 2 potatoes
• a half cauliflower or a small one
• 0,3 litre cream
• 0,5 litre milk
• nutmeg, salt and pepper
• olive oil
– rinse the salmon and cut into 2 parts
– peel the potatoes and boil them flowery with some salt
– boil the cauliflower in the milk
– chop the smoked salmon
– cut the goat cheese in small slices
Cover the salmon with the flower and bake them almost tender, add salt to taste.
Remove the cauliflower from the milk, get half off it and leave it boiling with the milk, half of the cream and the processed cheese.
Heat the smoked salmon a little, but just not cooked.
Mash the rest of the cauliflower and the potatoes with the rest of the cream and divide 80% of the smoked salmon through it. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
Divide the soup over 2 plates, spread with the almost cooked smoked salmon and serve.
Divide the mashed cauliflower etc. over 2 dinner plates and spread with the goat cheese.
Enjoy your meal!
(Wine tip: Grüner Veltliner)