Ingredients (for 4 persons):
• 5 or 6 slices of puff pastry for savoury pie (freezer)
• 175 gr. goat cheese (De Molkerei)
• 500 gr. of beetroot, precooked
• pinch of thyme, salt and pepper
• 250 gr. whipped cream
• 3 eggs
• 80 gr. nuts (e.g. walnuts, hazelnuts and/or pecans)
• butter for greasing
• Quiche form or spring form
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease the form with a bit of butter.
- Coat the form with the slices of pastry and press them well together.
- Prick with a fork some holes in the dough.
- Cut the beets into slices and divide them over the form.
- Sprinkle with a bit of thyme.
- Coarsely chop the nuts and crumble the goat cheese over it together with the chopped nuts.
- Whisk the eggs with the cream and some salt and pepper in a bowl and pour over the filling of the quiche and maybe sprinkle with some extra thyme.
- Bake the quiche in ca. 45 minutes.
Tasty with a fresh salad!